Learn how to evaluate personal leadership strengths and weaknesses, create and execute a communication strategy for key team members, understand key hospital finances and drivers, examine how hospital metrics are derived and more in this four-day, hands-on educational course covering various hospital medicine-focused leadership skills.
Attendees are grouped at tables of ten, each with a skilled facilitator to ensure meaningful, relevant application of concepts to hands-on activities.
The Leadership: Strategic Essentials course is recommended for residents, early career hospital medicine professionals, first-time hospitalist leaders and/or hospitalist leaders wishing to strengthen or broaden their leadership skill set and advance their career.
- Understand their individual leadership style, and assess their strengths
- Use negotiation skills to effectively advocate the value of their hospitalist programs
- Understand key financial and performance metrics impacting their hospitals and hospitalist programs
- Create and execute a communication strategy for all key constituencies
- Implement methods of effective change through leadership, shared vision and management of the organization’s culture
- Utilize strategic planning to define a vision for their program, prioritize efforts and achieve designated goals
- SHM member rate
- Non-member rate
- Save $400 as an SHM member.
SHM Credit Statement
The Society of Hospital Medicine designates this live activity for a maximum of 20.25 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditTM. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
MOC Credit Statement
Successful completion of this CME activity, which includes participation in the evaluation component, enables the participant to earn up to 20.25 MOC points in the American Board of Internal Medicine’s (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program. Participants will earn MOC points equivalent to the amount of CME credits claimed for the activity. It is the CME activity provider’s responsibility to submit participant completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting ABIM MOC credit.
The credit statements for Leadership Academy 2023 are still being determined and will be updated as soon as they are approved.
“Leadership Academy is your opportunity to dive into how real leaders actually practice. There is no better way than to come and learn from a group of established leaders with years of mentorship experience.”
Afsheen Siddiqui, 2022