Find out how to critically assess program growth opportunities and develop operational plans, utilize the principles of SWARM intelligence, lead, manage, and motivate teams in complex hospital environments and communicate effectively in the Mastering Teamwork course.
Prominent faculty deep-dive into many of the leadership skills and practices in this session to provide participants with a better understanding of team and organizational dynamics and how their personal leadership skills can strengthen teams and improve organizational growth/success.
Mastering Teamwork is recommended for hospital medicine professionals with three or more years of experience as well as hospitalist leaders looking to advance their career to the organizational strategy level.
- Manage team dynamics and potential threats to high performance
- Understand and manage a variety of professional motivations for individuals within a team
- Apply effective communication strategies in all aspects
- Invest in yourself as a leader to optimize professional growth and career path
- Critically assess program growth opportunities and implement the necessary infrastructure for success
- Utilize the theory of SWARM intelligence to enhance overall institutional success
- SHM member rate
- Non-member rate
- Save $400 as an SHM member.
SHM Credit Statement
The Society of Hospital Medicine designates this live activity for a maximum of 21.25 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditTM. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
MOC Credit Statement
Successful completion of this CME activity, which includes participation in the evaluation component, enables the participant to earn up to 21.25 MOC points in the American Board of Internal Medicine’s (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program. Participants will earn MOC points equivalent to the amount of CME credits claimed for the activity. It is the CME activity provider’s responsibility to submit participant completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting ABIM MOC credit.
The credit statements for Leadership Academy 2023 are still being approved and will be updated as soon as they are approved.
“A key takeaway for me has been the importance of collaboration and negotiation. Looking at the other side, and the benefits they would get out of the negotiation and where your interests coincide to become a better negotiator.”
Leah Berkery, 2018